DFC LONDON - EVENT LISTINGS
DFC London - PRIVATE PILOT GROUND SCHOOL
$395 + HST
The aim of ground school is to help you understand all the theoretical information that goes along with a pilot’s licence. Ground school covers all of the required knowledge to pass the final Transport Canada written examination. The ground school covers all required areas including air law, airspace, engines and airframes, meteorology, navigation, flight operations, flight instruments and human factors.
Once registered, you have access to our ongoing ground school classes to take any classes missed or any classes that you want a refresher on until you have passed the Transport Canada written examination (PPAER). You can start your ground school on most of the dates below and then attend any of the missed classes on the next ground school. Please contact us for more details!
Our Private Pilot ground school kit ($295 + HST) contains everything that you will need for the Private Pilot Ground School and the majority of your flight training:
- DFC London Flight Bag
- From The Ground Up
- From The Ground Up Workbook
- Flight Training Manual
- Pilot Logbook
- Pilot Training Record
- Canadian PPL Answer Guide
- Aeronautical Information Manual (A.I.M.)
- Toronto VNC (Aeronautical Chart)
- E6-B Flight Computer (Aluminum)
- ICAO Chart Ruler
- Douglas Square Protractor
- Diamond DA20 Aircraft Checklist
6:30pm to 9:30PM
- October 4 - Introduction & Human Factors
- October 11 - Theory of Flight
- October 18 - Airframes & Engines
- October 25 - Flight Instruments
- November 1 - Air Law
- November 8 - Air Law/Airspace
- November 15 - Meteorology 1 (Theory)
- November 22 - Meteorology 2 (Theory)
- November 29 - Meteorology 3 (Hazardous weather)
- December 6 - Meteorology 4 (Weather Reports and Forecasts)
- December 13 - Performance Charts, Weight and Balance, Airmanship
- December 20 - Flight Operations
- January 3 - Navigation Basics/Flight Computer
- January 10 - Practical Met/Flight Planning /X- Country Navigation
- January 17 - Cross Country Navigation
- January 24 - Radio Navigation
The DFC practice exam can be written as your schedule permits and a 70% pass mark will be required in order to get your letter of recommendation to write the Transport Canada PPL exam (PPAER).
CO-PILOT COURSE STARTING SOON!
This course teaches your spouse or flying partner the basics about flying so that they can land the aircraft and talk on the radio should the need arise while you are flying. More details coming soon!